Job Ref: HR650
Start Date: IMMEDIATE START
Location: Walthamstow, East London
Type of Contract: 12 months fixed-term, full-time
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week (including 1 hour per day paid break)
Salary: £20,000 per annum
As part of YMCA London South West, we are going through an exciting time and HR plays a vital part in contributing to this by working collaboratively with staff to create an efficient and professional working environment.
We are seeking a self-motivated, professional and dedicated individual to join our small HR team. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to get involved in all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
About the job:
Reporting to the HR Advisor, the HR Assistant will be responsible for supporting all areas of the HR function:
- Preparing all documentation required for starters, leavers and ongoing communications for employees
- Planning and organising recruitment campaigns and coordinating with all recruitment activities
- Conducting pre-employment checks and carrying out HR inductions
- Providing basic advice on policies and procedures to staff and managers
- Collating and checking monthly payroll and absence information
- Maintaining accurate data on HRIS and employee files
- Identifying HR processes that can be made more efficient and contributing to continuous improvement
You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in HR administration (Level 3 CIPD foundation certificate would be desirable). Confident use of MS suite of applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) is essential. With meticulous attention to detail, you will be able to maintain comprehensive records and produce accurate documentation. You will also possess a basic level of numeracy in order to undertake routine calculations. You will need to be able to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines of monthly payroll and ad hoc projects.
What we offer you:
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for training & personal development
- State-of-the-art leisure and fitness facilities
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you have the skills we are seeking and would like to be part of a growing, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, we want to hear from you.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. YMCA East London recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Please send your application form quoting the reference number HR650 and job title to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can send your application form to the following address:
YMCA East London
642 Forest Road
If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date of this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications: midnight on Sunday, 30th April 2017