Job Ref: HR618
Location: Walthamstow, East London
Type of Contract: Permanent, part-time
Hours of Work: 25 hours per week on a rota system
Salary: £11,144.00 per annum
YMCA East London is the largest Third Sector organisation in North East London. Amongst many services, we provide accommodation and support for +300 homeless young people at a series of hostels, one of which is London’s largest direct access hostel.
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to join our catering team in our brand new café. We have opened our new leisure facilities and in line with this exciting venture our new café will be available to the community along with their friends and family, as well as to local groups for hire. We are keen to ensure the community café presents a place where customers can enjoy their eating experience in a pleasurable environment.
About the job:
The post holder will be reporting to the Catering Manager. The duties will include:
- Assist in serving needs at the counter and maintain high standards of customer care
- Clean work areas using appropriate tools and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Clean all fridges in and out and monitor temperatures daily
- Take full responsibility of all hospitality delivering and assist with monthly stock taking
- Maintain high standard of hygiene in food preparation and service area
You must hold a valid Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate. You should also have experience as a General Assistant in a canteen/commercial kitchen and experience in cash handling and using a till.
You need to be able to work under pressure and handle difficult situations in a calm manner. Being a reliable and punctual team member is also essential.
What we offer you:
- State-of-the-art leisure and fitness facilities
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Pension scheme
- Opportunities for training & personal development
- Employee Assistance Programme
If you have the skills we are seeking and would like to be part of a growing, dynamic and forward-thinking organisation, we want to hear from you.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. YMCA East London recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.
- Applicant’s Pack
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- YMCA East London Application form
- General Assistant JD
How to apply:
Please send your application form quoting the reference number HR618 and job title to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can send your application form to: HR Department, YMCA East London, 642 Forest Road, London E17 3EF.
If you have not heard from us within 7 days of the closing date of this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Closing date for applications: Midnight on Sunday, 24th July 2016