Walk & Talk – Mondays (except Bank Holidays), leaving from the YMCA Café @ 2.00pm
Stretch your legs and get a breath of fresh air! Join us for a brisk walk around our local area taking in the sights and chatting along the way. Suitable for people of all ages and abilities. Please bring water and wear appropriate shoes and clothing for the weather conditions come rain or shine, and if it’s a really sunny day don’t forget your sun screen!
Wellbeing Wednesdays – Wednesdays from 3.30pm in the YMCA Café
Wednesdays are all about living well, and making positive choices. We often put the spotlight on a particular health or lifestyle topic or campaign and invite different services to join us, from Healthwatch, Lifeline WF, Tottenham Hotspur Foundation, NHS Stop Smoking Service, Positive East and WF Public Health and NHS services from NELFT/ Barts Health. Find us in the Café.
If you can offer a Wellbeing Service, Information or Interactivity Activity please contact Kat to find out how you can get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snooker Club – Wednesdays, 16.30 – 18.30pm starting 13 September
Link 4 Coffee – 1st Thursday of the month, 10.00am – 12.00pm
We host the local Link 4 Growth Community and Business Networking Event each month in our café. Free to attend, just buy your own refreshments
YMCA Chaplaincy provides a non- judgemental space to discuss, explore, pray worship and generally unpack life’s journey from a supportive Christian perspective. Open to people from all faiths and none.
- Come and join in our “Thinking Faith” Snack and Chat discussion group on Thursdays from 3.00pm (for residents and staff only – Residents’ Zone)
- ‘Share a Prayer’ box in the Residents’ Zone
- FREE Bibles* and YMCA prayer booklets available on request
- Activities and Prayer around Easter, Christmas and other festivals, including the annual World YMCA, YWCA Week of Prayer each November.
- Opportunities for Pastoral and Prayer support
* Bibles provided by Gideons International.
Other Activities at the YMCA
We also provide a range of other activities:
- Weekly toddler sessions
- Activities for Young People
- Sexual Health Advice & Support
- Counselling and psychotherapy sessions
- Children’s Birthday Party Packages
NEW & UPCOMING!
Specialist Adult Weight Management Service –
YMCA East London will be hosting a specialist adult weight management service provided by Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. The service is designed to help Waltham Forest residents who would like support with managing their weight and associated health conditions. If you are over 18, are resident in Waltham Forest, and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) that meets the service’s criteria, your GP or practice nurse can refer you to the service. The service is free of charge for patients entitled to NHS care.
The programme aims to help you take back control of your health, build your confidence and achieve your goals for a healthier life. It can also help sign post you to many accessible services to support you in your local community.
Weight management service is based around four key dimensions:
- HEALTHY EATING – helping you develop eating habits for a healthier life
- PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – specially designed programmes to make activity safe and fun
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENT – personalised action plan to achieve your weight goals
- MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT – working alongside you to help make changes to your lifestyle
The initial 12 week programme includes a variety of classes, learning and activities.
After the first 12 weeks, the weight management team provides support on a monthly basis for a full year to help achieve your long term goals.
For more information, or to request a referral, please speak to your GP about the service.
For more information please email email@example.com or phone 0208 509 4600 and ask to speak to ‘Community Services’. Keep an eye on Facebook and twitter for our latest updates!