Based at: Walthamstow E17 3EF
Hours of Work: 40 hrs per week
Salary: £19,222 per annum (pro rata)
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 24 September 2017
The YMCA LSW is a registered provider of Housing with a growing presence across South, South West and East London. The vision of the Association is of a Christian Charity where people can come as they are, be met at their point of need and find life in all its fullness. The group mission is to create a Large but Local organisation that can reach out across the capital to transform communities so all young people can belong, contribute and thrive. As one of London’s largest charities the Association also sees itself providing a leading role in the capital as well as within the YMCA Federation.
The Children & Families Department (East London Branch) currently provides out of school childcare for over 300 children at 5 Breakfast Clubs and 11 After School Clubs across the boroughs of Waltham Forest and Redbridge. We also deliver a wide range of Children, Youth and Family programmes because we believe every family should have the support they need to develop and lead fulfilling lives.
As part of our recent merger, we are currently looking to recruit an Administrator to support our growth and new initiatives. You will play a key role in the future success of our business, effectively keeping it running behind the scenes. You will be responsible for a number of different duties with the emphasis on providing a service to the highest standard.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Excellent office administration skills
- Able to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills; good telephone manner
- First rate organisational and time management skills
- The ability to prioritise a challenging workload
- To have worked with a range of computer software and Microsoft applications
- Able to travel to different YMCA sites in the London area
Benefits of working with us:
- Free use of our state-of-the-art health and fitness facilities (including gym, sports hall, sauna);
- 15% staff discount in our restaurant
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Contributory group pension scheme
Inspired and faithful to our Christian values, the YMCA welcomes, serves and works with persons of all religious faiths and of none, who are committed to working towards the creation of supportive, inclusive and energising communities.
Please read the Guidance Notes before completing your application as they contain important information that will help you.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by completing our application form quoting the reference number HR657 and job title.
Further details about the organisation and our activities can be found at ymcaeastlondon.org.uk.
YMCA London South West is an equal opportunities employer. We value the importance of diversity and positively welcome applications from all members of the community, including those with disabilities. As a responsible employer, we follow safer recruitment guidelines and will not accept a CV in lieu of a completed application form. The successful candidate will be expected to declare all previous offences and to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.